Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Sasha Fierce??"

Alright, let me start by saying that I do not mean for this entry to condemn or take away anything from anyone. I think these frustrations have been brought about by the constant presence of Beyonce (and her alter ego, "Sasha Fierce"). They seem to be everywhere I turn. Although she is a beautiful and talented woman, I am growing a little weary and I sometimes can't help noticing hypocritical tendencies. Quite frankly, I think the creation of this alter ego is a bunch of...It is possibly only a feeble attempt to camoflouge the not-so picture perfect truth that is Beyonce, the human being. Just in case, some of us forgot, she sleeps, eats, and (excuse my "French") shits, too. "Sasha" may be who Beyonce really longs to be but because she has dedicated her whole life and career to building such a "wholesome" image, she cannot fully claim Sasha's actions as her own. (Even her sister has stated that she always plays is safe.) If you liked it, then you should've put a ring on it. Don't be mad once you see that he want it. The song sends a warning to cowardous men and an empowering message to women but the video, on the other hand? Here lies the contradiction. Although the choreography is incredibly entertaining, I wasn't too spellbound to notice Sasha's crotch in my face. Thank goodness for the fabric covering her glory! I know I must seem like the poster child for judgment right now but these are just my observations. (It's my blog and I'll judge if I want to! lol jk) But seriously, we're feeling ourselves a bit much now, aren't we? And by "we," I mean Beyonce and Sasha. How presumptuous was it for us to assume that we should sing at the President's inauguration? Slow your roll, Bey Fierce! Let somebody else do something. Please? Your ambition is appreciated but I think it's safe to say you've had your turn.

And that's all I have to say about that...for now! I don't want the Beyonce fanatics to go all Sasha Fierce on me!

Oh! But the woman has a mean fashion sense though! I must give it to her there (her AND Solange)! As much as MTO (MediaTakeout.com, for those of you who don't know) rags on her (Solange), she makes fashion her own.

Speaking of making fashion your own, if I see one more woman wearing colored tights just 'to be different,' I'm going to scream!! Take the trend and personalize it! Everyone does not have the legs for tights and wearing all black does not justify a grown woman (I mean, 35+) in hot pink tights! C'mon! What is that about?

Okay, now I'm done!

3 comments:

CraigJC said...

Sasha Fierce is hilarious.
I love this blog, btw.

Do come visit some time.
http://popwife.blogspot.com/

Joe said...

all I have to say is lol. This post was amazing, funny, and holds a lot of truth. Not just truth about Sasha Fierce, but about people in the world in general. People really need to stop faking and be who they are. Once again Ms. Nicole you have out done yourself.

Nicole said...

Aww, thanks guys!!! And craig, I will definitely visit!! I love this blogger nation!!