Friday, October 3, 2008

Insufficient Funds

I love Charlie. Lord knows it's true but has been a thorn on my rose and I don't know what to do. He's aging and going through the realization of past mistakes. I wonder how he's handling this but don't have the whatever it takes to call and listen to his moans and groans. This is partially because I tend to take on the problems of those I love (and I don't think I could bare the weight of his) but mostly because I just don't want to hear it. I know that sounds harsh and uncaring but I am at a place now where I'm trying to surround myself with positivity and encouragement. I am not accepting anything else. And as I've said before, I love him dearly but if that includes my father, so be it.

But I can't help but wonder if I'm wrong in my way of thinking. I mean, he's my father.

No comments: