Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Battle Scars

This was my response to a blog post I read this morning. It's seems random and maybe it is but I decided to share anyway because I still think it's funny.


I pride myself on my ability to wear high heels on a regular basis and do it well (with the exception of the one time my beloved heels led me to the most embarassing/funniest tumble I've ever taken)! I remember it like yesterday although in actuality, it was almost five years ago. I was in undergrad and leaving class when I realized I left my umbrella. So, I, along with a friend, went back to get it. I suppose my feet got ahead me and the heel of my favorite Nine West shoes got hung in the cuff of my black wide leg pants. I stumbled for what seemed like twenty feet. I could not get my foot back on the ground to save my life! Finally, I gave in and fell to my knees but because of the momentum I'd built trying to regain my balance, I fell flat on face. And this was only AFTER my feet rolled over my head!! All I could do was lie there in utter disbelief. I could not believe what had transpired. And to add insult to injury (literally, I skinned my knee), my teacher came wobbling out of the building at what was full speed for her and yelled in her African accent, "My goodness! Are you okay? Should I call an ambulance?!" At this point, I managed to roll over and I'm lying on my back in the middle of the passageway laughing at myself. My friend has just now caught up with me. While trying (unsuccessfully) to hide her laughter, she urges me to get up. Here I am, a grown woman with a skinned knee! Luckily for me, this happened during the lunch rush so the majority of the students that normally congregate outside the building were across campus at the cafe. But still in shock, I made my way across campus to show my "battle scar" to my friends waiting inside the cafe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lmao, you're brave for sharing that story. I have to wear heels now for work. I hate it!

E said...

Thanks for sharing your story as well! I know I'm not alone... We all have our clumsy days unfortantly! :)

Nicole said...

lol! Guys, we just have to learn to laugh at ourselves sometimes. Plus believe I was thoroughly embarassed though. I haven't worn those pants or shoes since then. Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't even seen either of them! A sign, perhaps??